This morning we wanted to get started early to Cinque Terre so we hopped on the 8:00 bus to Portoverne where we wanted to catch the first boat out. Things were going well and then we heard this loud crunching sound. Yep, someone ran right into the back of our bus. So we got out along with all the other local residents and we decided it couldn’t be much farther to the Port. Boy were we wrong it was 3 miles on down the road. No wonder the Italians didn’t set out on foot like we did.
Comparing Amalfi Coast to Cinque Terre:
- Both have the beautiful colorful buildings
- Both have their unique charm
- Amalfi Coast has way more tourists than Cinque Terre
- Cinque Terre is more accessible – by boat, train and via hiking trails
- Cinque Terre has a more relaxed feel than Amalfi Coast
You will have to see them yourself to judge but for us, we loved Cinque Terre most.